Multi-day workshops are those listed under the 'Workshops' link under 'Classes and Workshops' on this website's main menu.
Workshops are held at the Threads of Life Dye Studio which is located at Umajati Retreat in the village of Petulu, 4 kilometers from the centre of Ubud.
• Morning and evening transfers to and from the workshop location at the Threads of Life dye studio (Umajati Retreat).
• Workshop time from 10:00-1:00 and 2:00-5:00 each day, dye materials, fabric and yarn for workshop exercises.
• Lunch from 1:00-2:00 at the studio. Free flow drinking water, tea and coffee throughout the day.
Workshop does not include:
• International airfares are not included.
• Accommodations in Ubud are not included, and we recommend that participants find a place to stay along the route of the morning and evening shuttle between Ubud and the workshop location at Umajati Retreat. The shuttle route is marked in red on the location map below.
• The maximum participation is listed on each workshop's product page.
• The minimum participation is listed on each workshop's product page. Participants will be informed once minimum participation is achieved and are advised not to book airfares until the workshop is confirmed. If minimum participation is not reached by the date listed on the workshop's product page the workshop may be cancelled and all workshop fees returned.
Travel insurance is required for all participants. The insurance must cover the loss, expenses and damages arising from, including but not limited to, the cancellation of the workshop (whether in whole or in part), non-participation due to personal illness (including Covid infection), personal accident and injury, personal liability, medical and repatriation costs (an emergency air medical evacuation to Singapore can cost upwards of USD 30,000 and medical care facilities in Indonesia are significantly different from the West and medical evacuation is extremely expensive), loss of baggage and personal money and belongings, and flight cancellations and delays.
We regret we cannot accept liability or pay any compensation where the performance or prompt performance of our contractual obligations is prevented or affected by reason of circumstances amounting to “force majeure”. Circumstances amounting to “force majeure” include any event which Threads of Life and workshop leader(s) could not even with all due care, foresee or forestall such as (by way of example and not by way of limitation) acts of God, terrorist activities, insurrection, explosion, flood, tempest, forceful wind, fire or accident, war or threat of war declared or undeclared, sabotage, civil disturbance, labor strikes, requisition, sickness, quarantine, government intervention, weather conditions, and unforeseen circumstances.
Participant Cancellation and Refunds
An overseas teacher’s travel and organizational costs for a workshop at Threads of Life are significant and in order to maintain a small group that offers personalized teaching we have a strict cancellation policy. Payment is therefore non-refundable except under the following conditions:
• If a cancelled participant’s place is resold and the workshop achieves its maximum group capacity, a full refund will be made;
• If a cancelling participant finds a new participant to replace them, their payment may be transferred to the new participant;
• All refunds will be processed within 28 days of the start of the workshop.
Cancellation requests must be made by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No refund will be made for failure to attend or if you voluntarily leave the workshop for any reason after it has begun. No refunds will be given for any accommodation, transport, sightseeing, meals or services not used during the workshop.
Workshop Cancellation by Organizers
If the workshop is cancelled by the organizers, there will be a 100% refund of participants’ workshop payments within 28 days of the cancellation; however, we cannot be responsible for refunds of participants’ airfares or non-residential accommodation costs.